The origin of the "holiday" is unknown, but it serves as a great reminder to take a quick look over your insurance policies to review your coverage. It's also a great reminder that things do happen and it's a great idea to make sure you get insurance if you don't already have it.
If you're looking for some quick money-saving tips, here are a few:
- Increase your deductible if you can. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium will be.
- Avoid installment fees by paying your premium annually rather than monthly.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Eating well, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight will lower your risks and in turn, lower your health and life insurance premiums.
- If you are a smoker, quit! Smokers will pay higher premiums than non-smokers.
- Bundle your policies with the same carrier for discounts and savings.