It's football season and that brings thoughts of painted faces, cheering on your favorite team, and of course... TAILGATING!
However, you can be exposed to numerous risks while tailgating. It can be a wonderfully fun experience, but you should still keep safety in mind to keep it that way.
Here are some tips...
- When leaving the tailgate – be sure all glass bottles or any other hazards are not in your way to drive over.
- If you are grilling, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher.
- Hide valuables from visible sight in your car or remove them. Car theft is common during game hours.
- Don’t drive after you’ve been drinking. Tailgating in the hot sun and drinking over a long period of time it is easy to loose count of “how many” you’ve had. Don’t risk driving if you’ve been drinking – it is extremely dangerous and expensive. Choose a designated driver early.
Am I Covered?
Car Insurance Advice For TailgatersYou may have drinks covered. Food covered. Flat screen T.V. and generator covered…But is your car covered for the tailgating circumstances or do you face limits and exclusions you’re not aware of?
- Does your car insurance cover non-moving accidents?
- What if your grill damages your car?
- Is there coverage against vandalism?
- If your tailgating group accidentally damages your car is it excluded?
What You Need...
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Coverage.
Collision auto insurance coverage will protect you as you travel to and from the game, but when you are at the tailgate comprehensive coverage will protect you from all of the accidents mentions above. This valuable coverage is a must for tailgaters.
Car insurance policies are made up of two general components – Liability coverage and Physical Damage coverage. Physical damage coverage is further divided into two distinct types of coverage including collision and comprehensive. Your collision car insurance covers the damages of a car accident or if you were to strike an object. Comprehensive covers claims of physical damage other than collision.
Be sure you have Comprehensive insurance for your car before you face an insurance claim.
Worst Case Scenario
It’s a Monday Night Football game and everyone is having a great time at the tailgate. The Buckeyes face off against the Wolverines for a game of the year. These particular fans head into the game and watch their Buckeyes get defeated by Michigan. This is where it gets ugly...
The fans return to their tailgate spot and to their surprise the car had been stolen. Or was it stolen? There was police tape all around where their pre-game tailgating took place.
Their car had caught fire from the grill left out while they were in the game. The fans returned to a pile of ashes.
Let's Go Bucks!
The start of the season is such a good time for fans. Every team believes this year could be “our year”. No record has faced the heartbreaking loss.
Conner Insurance Agency wants to root for you the way you root for your team.
Our company believes in working for your success.
Together you can go undefeated.
Good insurance coverage allows you to overcome any loss and be restored back to whole as if it never happened. When the unforeseen accidents occur our insurance company will help you succeed with out being slowed down. Our insurance agents take the time to get to know you and understand your unique insurance needs to provide you with the best insurance.